Monday, May 28, 2007

The artist side of me

I love to make things, and I love art. I really love making things with textiles, I love any fiber. I worked at a fabric store for a while, just because I loved folding the fabric. Yes, it is an illness.
I'm what my mom calls a jack of all trades, master of none. I knit, crochet, smock, needle felt, cross stitch, quilt, if it uses fabric or yarn, I do it. I go in phases, where I do one thing more than others, but I usually make bears, dolls, or something to dress them in. I can make clothes, but I find more enjoyment in making something decorative.
This month, with the flowers blooming, I was feeling very frilly. So, I made fluffy porch pillows. I also just sat down one night while hubby was watching t.v. and made a couple thread bears. They're fun, because it doesn't matter if they turn out right, because there's no pattern. They become what they want to become. And, of course, I needle felted a bear. I love needle felting, it's like sculpting, but I still get the textile feel.
When I got back from vacation, I got them listed on Ebay. You can look if you like: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZlullaby*lakeQQhtZ-1QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
I'll get pictures of past projects up soon, I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of work involved in setting up a blog.

No comments: