Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Simple Hello

Hi,
This is one of those things that I've been meaning to do. It's on that list I carry in my head of the things I'd like to do someday. Well, I finally took the leap, I made a blog.
I actually started one on Ebay last year. But, I sell dolls, bears, and sweet stuff there. My name is even sweet, Lullaby*Lake.
I didn't want to have to keep that up all the time. I mean, basically I'm a nice enough person, but sometimes things do go wrong in my life. Hey, I'm not perfect. Isn't that good to know?
So, this is the real me, simple enough. The real me always wanted to be a mom, and I got the career of my choice. I've been married for 19 years, and have a 14 year-old son and a 12 year-old daughter. I've home schooled them for 5 years now, and before that I was on the PTO and a member of the Elementary School Task Force.
I have had office jobs. We lived near Tampa, and I was the first female that VALIC offered an analyst position. I didn't take it, my son was a newborn at the time, and I chose to stay home with him instead.
When I first quit work, I could barely make Hamburger Helper. When baby number two came along, I really lost track of laundry and just about everything else. Around that time, my husband decided it would be a good idea to be self-employed, so I was the secretary/bookkeeper for him. Housekeeping came last on my list of priorities. Actually, I came last.
And then, after many emotional rollercoasters, I found FlyLady. She helped me see that it wasn't that I wasn't organized, it was that I wasn't loving myself. I wasn't taking care of me.
Now that I've been flywashed, I am much better at being a wife and mother. But, more importantly, I'm happier being a wife and mother.
So, this blog is about the new me. I'm not a desperate housewife, I'm contented. I could put the kids in school tomorrow and get a job, but it wouldn't make me happy.
I hope you can get some encouragement from checking in once in a while.
If you've never heard of FlyLady, and haven't already googled it, here's a link: www.flylady.net

No comments: