Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Where I've been

Wow,
See what happens when you take a vacation?
I took last week off to hang out with my best friend. Since we were staying at my house, I really thought I'd have evenings to post what we were doing. I took pictures of everything we did, so many pictures that her family thought I had completely lost my mind.
Unfortunately, in the evenings, I was so tired that I barely got the pictures downloaded off my camera. In retrospect, I wish I hadn't even done that.
I got home on Friday night, well really 1:00 am on Saturday. I was tired and went directly to bed. The next day I went shopping with hubby and left the kids home. When I returned, my daughter told me that there was something wrong with the computer. As it turned out, it was the motherboard, my computer was totalled.
Fast forward to tonight. I got a new computer and am waiting on hubby to get it up and running. In the mean time, I'm borrowing his lap top and trying to catch up on all my online stuff that I haven't done for two weeks.
I have been attending Virtual School parent conferences and answering e-mails from teachers since 6:00. Now, I'm trying to let you know where I've been.
I have to take my mom to the cardiologist tomorrow, so I won't get back to this until Friday. I intend to devote all day Friday to parent conferences and business stuff, so look out, I've got a lot to tell you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I came from Jeremy's TT post. It sounds like you had a good time with your friend. I have read some of your other posts. It sound like we have some things in common. My budget used to be exactly like yours. I still have the spread sheet book from when we first got married. I am not an accountant and I hate paper; it piles too fast. I have been blogging since the beginning of June. My husband has been blogging for about 3 or so years. I am enjoying meeting new people. Come visit me sometime.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what your complaining about! I don't understand why you were so tired. NOT!!! No, it was a crazy yet very enjoyable week. Yes you did take lots of pictures of some crazy things (I really wanted to see what you were going to do with the pic of Steph's lunch. LOL)Of course as we both know it seems as if when things are crazy they get crazier. You know I use to say i just want things to slow down and when they do I'm jumping off this train. However I realized that this is my life,my kids,dh,pets,extended family and friends. I am a giver (I know I give to much)of my time and energy (God knows not of my money. lol see your other post- ugh!). However I came to realize I'm NOT HAPPY unless I'm giving. So this is my life and I wouldn't jump off if it slowed down. I would actually wonder what was going on. My point here is this You, being the wonderful person you are give of yourself also. So you get spread rather thin at times. You thin look at WHAT needs done the most urgent ( of course family responsiblities 1st) then move on from there. So if your away from your blog for a little while we should ALL understand b/c you are doing what needs to be done first. How could you be a contented housewife IF you didn't handle those responsiblities first. So don't beat yourself up and know I think your GREAT!!