Saturday, June 9, 2007

Don't mend your sails in a storm

A little more than 19 years ago, when hubby and I got home from our honeymoon, we eagerly watched the wedding video that a friend made. We were surprised to find interviews with some of our friends and family on it. The comments included advice from people of all ages and walks of life, but the only one I remember is this: "Never mend your sails in a storm".

Tonight something happened, and my initial reaction was to come here and say, "I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm not contented, I have no business telling you how to better yourself, I'm a mess myself." But, now that the storm is over, I realize that it is the ability to get through rough weather is what proves we're sea worthy.

I am not perfect, I do not do everything with my family as well as I would like to do it. My hubby gets sick and tired of me sometimes. But, he's always there for me. He is my best friend, no matter what. I love my family, and I'm trying to do my best.

If you want a magic fairy to tell you how to be the perfect wife, you won't find it here. If you want someone who knows how tough it is to deal with homeschooler's that you never get a break from, pets and science projects all over the house, and a hubby that just wants to spend time with you alone, I hope you hang around and leave me a comment now and then.

As you can see by the time of this post, I'm failing on my bed time goal too, so I will leave you until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thing to remember