Friday, June 29, 2007

My Friend Eddie Died

On April 1st of this year, my friend Eddie died. It's been almost three months, but some days the thought just won't leave me alone.
He was a very special person to a lot of people. There were more than 400 people at his memorial service. But, he was like a brother to me. I miss him terribly.
I moved 5 years ago, and he stayed in his hometown. We hadn't talked in months. Infact, I drove to his house in January, but it was an unannounced visit, and he wasn't home. I should have followed up with a phone call when I got home, but I never did. Now I will never get the chance.
If there's someone in your life that you've lost touch with, or someone you've been meaning to call, pick up the phone, or write a card. You never know if it might be the last chance you'll get.

No comments: