Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Voice Recorder Killed my Blog

I was blogging every day. I was never at a loss for what to write. It just came to me when I woke in the morning, drove in the car, and cooked dinner.
Infact, I felt very much like Anna Nalick in her song “Breathe”:

“2 AM and I'm still awake, writing a song

If I get it all down on paper, it's no longer inside of me,

Threatening the life it belongs to

And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd

Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud

And I know that you'll use them, however you want to”


The words were in my head, and if I didn’t get them out, I couldn’t think of anything else. Naturally, I couldn’t blog all day, every day. So, Hubby suggested that I take his voice recorder with me. He said I could put these great ideas on it, and I could go about my day without them bothering me. It sounded like a good idea, so I tried it.

In one respect, it was great. I accomplished so much more around the house. I had all that energy that had been flowing into the computer to focus on my chores. I must have had a little more available thinking ability, because I finally understand how to use CSS.

But, it destroyed my blog. Once the words were in the recorder, they were no longer bothering me. I am perfectly content to leave them there. It’s almost like Pandora’s box. If I open it, I’ll have to do something with them. I know I will get them out someday, but for today, they are safe there and I got all the laundry in the house done.

I won’t put anymore on it though, it’s not as fun. I like it here.

No comments: