Thursday, June 7, 2007

Wednesday - Craft Day - Boy was I busy! Aprons and Sun Hats



Wow, my mom came today, and we sewed up a storm. I not only designed my heart out, which always makes me happy, but also actually got somethings finished, which is really the point, right?

The other day, when I was sewing for the doll, I thought that a matching sun hat would be cute. I also was designing a dress for my friends 8 month old little girl. So, when I bought the pattern for a baby dress, I found one with a little sun hat. It's exactly like I made the doll one, six pieces around the head and a ruffle for the brim.


Today, my mom and I made 7 baby sun hats, two were for the doll on the left, the rest were for real babies under 6 months.

I also made three aprons. It was hard work, and my shoulders hurt so bad that I can barely sit here, but I feel good that they're finished. (OK, except two of the aprons need the top band. I didn't have enough binding on hand, and have to buy some.) Now that I'm looking at them, I think the second one needs to go to a friend of mine, it reminds me of her somehow.


I really like mixing and matching patterns, and both these projects gave me an opportunity to do that.

They look so much prettier on, see how they hang?

I'm going to list them on Ebay and see how they do, but I may end up doing a local mall or craft show, or something. I'd love your feedback on how I could improve them.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do some with CHICKENS! They will be adorable and chickens are a hot thing now. When I started collecting them I had a hard time finding them however now they are everywhere. (Dillard's have some adorable baby chick salt and pepper shakers) Also butterflies. That seems to be a hot thing now too.

Anonymous said...

Oh and the sun hats are very cute. You are very good at that kind of thing.